Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Animation Final (Yes, another)

Buenas!! Hey, I just finished burning my CD for my final project, this is a character design study, I took a bunch of pictures of my friend Ben and tried to make him into a cartoon character, and then studied other character artists, and drew Ben as I thought they would draw him. I had a lot of fun with it, and wish I would have had time to do more:

Some original sketches of Ben

Face studies/caricatures of Ben

Study of Shane Prigmore's drawings

Ben, done Shane Prigmore style


Stephen Silver sketches

Ben, Silver style

Study sketches of Alex Ross

Super Ben, Alex Ross style

Study sketch of Jose Lopez (this guy's stuff is awesome)

Ben, Lopez style

Rach and I can't WAIT to drive out to California and see you all!! Woohoolihoo!!

Love, the Kev

4 comments:

Jamie said...

These are really cool, Kev. I like seeing your art. I noticed you have a lot of red behind your black line art. Is that just colored pencil? How come its there? And why red? Does that make it easier to scan?

the Kev said...

Yeah, it's just red colored pencil, I do my scratchwork with it, then when I have what I want, I fill it in with pen. I could have photoshopped it out, but, alas, i did not . . .

Emily said...

awesome. me likey. except for your last comment-- you are not driving out to california to see ALL--- i will be missing! but have fun anyways... :)

the Kev said...

Well, we all know that you won't be there :( . . .so I didn't want to make it worse by saying "we get to see you all EXCEPT EMILY!" but next time I'll be more sensitive to that, I miss you, Em!