Sunday, May 27, 2007

Get Lost NCMO!

Well, I was looking at the Walton blog when I realized that I am listed as a contributor. I thought to myself, "How can I be a contributor if I haven't contributed?" So, I have decided to make my first contribution.

If you recall, one of the gifts that Kevin got me for my birthday was the right to burn his "Finding NCMO" t-shirts. (Editor's Note: NCMO is a Utah acronym meaning Non-Commital Make-Out) When I first told him that I wasn't very fond of those shirts he seemed surprised at the dislike. I asked him how he would feel if I wore a shirt around campus that said "available". I think that put things into perspective for him. As you can imagine, I was anxious to get the job done (the death by fire of the hideous shirts). You may think that burning the shirts would be a little extreme. Why not give them to DI or just throw them away? Well, I just couldn't risk the chance that they would find their way into some other innocent girl's fiance's hands and what if she didn't have a birthday before their wedding? He could end up wearing one to his bachelor party and then he would never be able to part with it! The shirts had to be annihilated.

The weekend after my birthday, I suggested we go up the mountain to have a bonfire...and since we had some extra room in the car, I made sure to accommodate the infamous shirts along with the lighter. I am sure they enjoyed the ride, but not as much as I did. We found the perfect spot, and started the perfect fire. The rest, I guess you could say, is history...especially the shirts. It was one of the most satisfying experiences of my life. "Kevin Walton, you will never find NCMO again. But, you'll never lose me:)"

4 comments:

Jamie said...

AWESOME!!!

Women from coast to coast salute you, Rachel.

Steve-O said...

Bless you child... you have done a great good in the world...

the Mom! said...

Good Job Rachel. Who took the pictures, very cool pics!!!!! I loved your narrative also.

the Kev said...

Trading NCMO for Rachel?

Best move I ever made.