Wednesday, May 9, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

So last night for my birthday we went to dinner and a few of the guys wrote me a poem and read it outloud at the end. i thought it was so sweet.... here it is-

Em’s Poem

Hey Em, what can I say
Today is one very special day!
You're experienced with RED BULL kept you up all night
Don't worry Em, it's nowhere in sight!

And although you like LOST, we can excuse
But to say it's better than ‘HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER’, that we refuse!
You still think that LOST is better than the rest
But I wrote this poem and SCRUBS is the best!

From the moment we met you to the day you sadly go away
You’ve left a mark on our lives and we hope you will stay!
You came here hoping to make a few friends
But we grew fond of you, and hope your trip never ends!

Unwritten Law, Foo Fighters and now Thirsty Merc
I asked you what bands you like and you gave me a shirk
I was trying to include them throughout this rhyme
But I couldn’t work out how to use ‘Enter Sandman’ and keep in time

You’ve experienced a lot since you’ve been here in Perth
And now we're all celebrating the day of your Birth
And for what it's worth...
You've been snorkeling in OZ at the bottom of the Earth!

You've enjoyed TFY, sand boarding and the Western force game
We hope one day you'll come back again
We've loved having you here, hope you feel the same
I can't believe you beat Brad at the sugar eating game!

Even though we’re here to eat smoked BBQ ribs
We'll do it the Aussie way so bring out the bibs!
While some people may ask for '20 Good Reasons'
Next time you come back, stay for all 4 seasons!

So happy 21st Emily
We hope it is great!
You're first Aussie Birthday
"Have a good one Mate!"

Although in a few weeks we shall part
You will always have a place here in our heart
Em. You are a gem!


HOW CUTE IS THAT? i will post some pics from my birthday soon..... thanks for all the love on my birthday everyone with the fun emails:)

1 comment:

the Mom! said...

Hey Ems,
That is a darling poem. Quite the poets!!???!!! I enjoyed the sentiments I have to say. I love you tons and am glad you had such a happy birthday!!!!!

Love,
Mom